Helpful Resources for Families to Explore During the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak
*Drive-Thru Food Distribution Sites Added 6/4:
- Child Care Council – In need of child care during the COVID-19 outbreak? You'll find information on local child care providers here.
- Distance Learning FAQs – Answers to questions we're hearing from parents.
- Food and Child Care Resources Available Through Rochester City
Four additional food distribution locations added effective April 20, 2020. View details.
- *Food Distribution: Drive-Thru Sites in Monroe County
- Kiva U: The Homeschooling Solution During the COVID-19 Pandemic – An easy way to engage kids of all ages in global learning right from your home!
- Mrs. Conrow's Corner: Join Mrs. Conrow as she reads books about coping skills:
- Mrs. Conrow's Web Page – Mrs. Conrow's web page includes a listing of resources available to help families cope during this stressful time.
- NPR Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance – If you are employed but have to stay home to care for a child, you may not qualify for traditional unemployment but you may qualify for PUA (Pandemic Unemployment Assistance). You can learn more on labor.ny.gov or on Congressman Joe Morelle's website.
- Resources for Parents (updated 5/13/20) – A list with links to helpful information for parents.
- Sisters of St. Joseph "Live" Prayer Time: Join our sisters every Thursday at 4 p.m. on the SSJ Facebook page for “live” prayer time. There is also a link if you cannot make the live session; here's the link from May 7: https://www.facebook.com/SistersofSaintJosephofRochester/videos/2671092623126872/?t=326 target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"
- WiFi Access: Spectrum is offering free WiFi for families with children engaged in distance learning during the COVID-19 outbreak. Click here for details.
- World Health Organization 90-Second Video
- You Are Doing Everything Right – A great article from The Children's Institute reminding you that at a time like this what your kids need most is your love and connection and your help to identify their own feelings.
- YMCA Emergency Child Care – The YMCA is providing emergency child care for all Monroe County residents, specifically to address needs of first responders and healthcare workers.