Creating A Safe Environment – Volunteer Training
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Nazareth!
Children are among the most important gifts God has entrusted to us. In 2002, the bishops of the United States signed and pledged to a Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People.
In the Diocese of Rochester, Bishop Matthew Clark mandated an educational program that has existed since 1994. According to the Charter and mandate from Bishop Clark and Bishop Matano, it is stated that all volunteers who work with children or youth are required to complete a criminal background check, participate in a Creating a Safe Environment training program, and to sign a Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Though Nazareth is not a diocesan school, we fully support the Charter for Protection and participate in the Creating a Safe Environment training program.
Please view Online Training Instructions for login information. When you have completed the training:
- Type your name on the Certificate and print it.
- Print a copy of your test scores.
- Print then complete and sign the Code of Conduct Form.
- Print then complete and sign the Authorization Release Form.
- Send (or deliver) the four printed documents to Sister Dolores Ann Stein at Nazareth (email@example.com).
If you have any questions about the Creating a Safe Environment training, please contact Sister Dolores Ann Stein at 585.458.3786.